Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do you use Natural Cleaners?

I've been thinking about using natural cleaners for a while now, but didn't really know where to begin. A few weeks ago, I bought a big box of baking soda and a gallon of white vinegar, but they've been sitting under the sink, unused, since then.

Well, today I made my first natural cleaner! I poured 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 cup vinegar in each of the toilets and let it sit for a moment. Then I scrubbed a little, and voila! Nice, sparkly clean toilets! Then I dumped 1/2 cup of baking soda (instead of bleach) in the washing machine with my sheets (and detergent). Now I'm excited to try some other natural cleaning methods because that was too easy, not to mention cheap! Maybe I can stop buying commercial cleaners all together and just search the internet for a 'recipe' each time I come across something new I need to clean. My husband is going to hang a clothesline up for me to air dry some of our laundry. That will save money on power and dryer sheets! :)

What tips do you have for natural or economical cleaning methods?

0 comments: