Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pinkberry Review

Well, I was really excited to try the new froyo place in the Highlands, Pinkberry. So, I took the fam, and we went there tonight after dinner.  Cute, modern atmosphere, clean look, friendly people, but loud music. I tried the original, pomegranite, mango, and coconut before we ordered.  I settled on the coconut, my husband got mango and my son got chocolate.  Alex topped his chocolate with dark chocolate crisps, fruity pebbles, and strawberries.  Marcos topped his mango with mochi (chewy, fun sweet bits of rice cake; kind of like a soft gummy bear with a mild sweet flavor) and kiwi.  I topped my coconut with raspberries, blackberries, and milk chocolate shavings.  I was impressed with the variety of fresh fruits and cool toppings, but I did  not like the "signature tang" that all the flavors had.  My first thought when I tasted the samples was: sour milk. . . yuck, but that's what yogurt actually is, right?  So, overall it was a cool place, great toppings, and awesome calorie count, but I will not go back on purpose because I'm not a fan of the sour milk/tang thing.  If I do find myself there again though, I'd get the chocolate because when I tasted my son's,  the "tang" was kind of covered up by the chocolate flavor. Bottom line, glad I tried it, but I prefer gelato!

0 comments: